The Overnight Camp Experience – CLOSED
For nearly a century, Cape Cod Sea Camps has provided exceptional educational experiences for boys and girls from across the country and around the world.
CCSC plays host to some 375 campers per session ranging in age from 8 to 17. Our campers come to us from throughout the United States and around the world with approximate geographic distributions as follows: 50% New England, 40% other states (23 represented) 10% International. Overnight campers are placed in 10 units according to age and grade.
While the outcomes of these experiences cover social, activity and “non-cognitive” skill development we are also intentional about promoting growth along five significant developmental spheres. Campers’ development is encouraged in terms of:
- Independence (uses the many community resources available to ask for help and support);
- Self-reliance (makes positive choices and accepts responsibility for personal behavior);
- Self-confidence (expresses confidence in his/her ability to succeed educationally and socially);
- Exploration (embraces opportunities to try new things, make new friends, and contribute positively to the community as a whole); and
- Respect (demonstrating respect for oneself, for others, and for the institution).